- 500gm beef mince
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 heaped teaspoons of Buderim ginger, lemon & lime Marmalade
- 1 pinch salt flakes
- Heat pan on medium high with olive oil.
- Add beef mince and break up with wooden spoon whilst sautéing.
- Sprinkle over your cumin & salt flakes, stirring occasionally
- Once mince is cooked out with a little colour on the bottom of the pan add soy sauce along with the ginger, lemon & lime marmalade, stir through and put aside.
- 8 cherry tomatoes sliced into quarters
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 cup fancy lettuce, washed and pat dry
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/3 of a continental cucumber, sliced into batons
- ½ cup shaved cabbage, white or purple
- 2 tablespoons lemon oil or olive oil with a squeeze of fresh lemon
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- Add everything, except the cheese, in a bowl and toss 2 to 3 times to incorporate ingredients.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 cup warm water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Add olive oil and water to create a dough roughly the same texture a pizza base, add a little more flour if its too sticky.
- Knead dough for approx. 2 to 3 minutes mins until a smooth dough is formed.
- Rest dough for 10 to 15 minutes and divide into 12 – 14 balls (roughly 45gms each) dust with a little plain flour. Set aside
- Place each ball onto tortilla press with cling film and press into 2 mm rounds. If you do not have a press you can roll out with a rolling pin or squash with a saucepan between two non-stick baking sheets.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium and place your tortilla into the pan, cook for 3-4 minutes on 1 side then a further 1-2 minutes until it starts to bubble & colour.
- Remove from heat and keep warm under a towel or cover with foil.
- Place tortillas on a plate and spoon on your beef mix, add spoonfuls of the salad mix on top. Top with grated tasty cheese and serve.
- Something to spice it up for the adults at the end you can add some sour cream, sliced red chilli and top with fresh coriander.