- 450g honey
- 50g water
- 500g plain flour
- 20g five spice mix
- 15g bi-carb soda
- Heat honey and water together until about 60 degrees C. While that is heating mix the flour and five spice mix.
- Add the honey to the flour mix and mix well. Allow to come to room temperature then add your bi-carb soda and mix well.
- Roll the gingerbread to approximately 1cm thickness, then cut out to the shapes you want.
- Bake at 170 degrees C for 11-13 minutes, depending on the size of the shape.
- Remove from over, allow to cool completely before decorating.