- 2 egg, yolks and whites separated
- 150g caster sugar
- 300lm cream
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 60ml Ginger Refresher Cordial
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup Ginger Refresher Cordial
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to 250g of sugar in a clean pot. Bring to the boil and cook until it turns a dark honey colour (160 degrees if using a thermometer) to become toffee.
- Toast macadamias in the microwave on high for 1 min. Put the nuts into the toffee. Pour out onto a tray lined with silicone paper and set aside in the freezer until needed.
- Whisk egg yolks instant coffee and 75g sugar until it’s a custard consistency then add 60ml ginger refresher cordial and mix again.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peaks then gradually add 75g sugar until thick and fluffy.
- Whish cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the custard mixture through the cream then fold the meringue through in 3 batches.
- Freeze in a tin lined with glad wrap for 12 hours or overnight.