- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250g plain flour
- 1 pinch all spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 125ml buttermilk (or substitute with 125ml milk and a squeeze of lemon juice)
- 100g Naked Ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp bi carb soda
- Line a 22cm loaf tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, banana and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together then add the dry ingredients to the batter alternating between the milk and dry ingredients.
- Scrape into loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes or until cake tests clean when skewered.
- Cool cake in its tin on a rack before turning out after 5 minutes.
- Cut into 10 slices and serve drizzled with sweet ginger sauce and macadamia praline parfait.